Saturday 7 June 2008

John Hegley + Time Travel Opportunists (At The Pub)

This month, as well as releasing another book, we're partaking in this:



I think we fit into the 'fine local poets' bit. Although we're more storytellers, readers of fiction, than we are 'poets'.

We like John Hegley though, and it will be nice to do our stuff before he does his stuff. You can listen to or read the latter here.

The Brunswick is right near the train station and sells mighty fine home brewed beverages. You can look at pictures of trains while you are waiting, and if you squint it feels like you're in 1913.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey .. looks greeaaat! as Tony says .. looking forward to this .. will be nice to share a space with the mega-famous and ultra-quirky Hegley 'I am a potato' ex confetti shredding man himself .. was talking about blowing off stages, might be lucky to catch a breeze and fill my sails .. Hmmm and the Jazz band I've heard before and good stuff .. will be an enjoyable night at the Brunswick - where the beer is better than decent .. Come On Out good folks.. ! I'll be Thad Madd .. oh ok, KW

Anonymous said...

catherine came to my house and she made me put this in my diary ...
she stayed all night until i did ...
so i'm planning to be there ... in case she comes round again ....
(met you all at the network day in derby - i'm half of damien in leicester)
x

Biff said...

Aha! Alison!
It will be lovely to see you there. I would also be very interested in getting my mitts on one of your chapbooks if there are any still kicking around?

Anonymous said...

hello biff!

i might have one in a drawer - otherwise i think my publisher (my publisher!) Koo Press are still flogging them at 3 and a half english pounds ...

they were still flogging them when i was up in aberdeen in may so they must have some ...

am trying to round up a leicester contingent for heggers - whip and lassooooo (not sure how many o's)

x